Thursday, July 15, 2010

Grace

I was visiting with a good friend this week and me mentioned the importance of grace in his faith tradition.  And they really live into it.   I was thinking of other faith traditions which, while claiming the important of grace, display a noticeable lack of grace in their theology and practice.  Which is very sad.  

Thinking about our discussion, I realized how fortunate I am to have received so much grace in my life.  I have been blessed so much, way beyond what I deserve, but I suppose that is that grace is all about!  

2 comments:

Kirkepiscatoid said...

I always think of that saying, "Mercy is when you don't get what you deserve; grace is what you get what you don't deserve." God trades in both those commodities a lot--and to that I say, "Thanks be to God!"

Robert said...

Amen to that sister!