Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Let the River Run

I love the freedom expressed in this song. I'm in a bit of a celebratory mood after the approval of resolution D025 this year at General Convention as a means of dealing with the odious B033 of GC 2006, an act which hurt me more than I ever imagined it would. I call it odious in homage to those people who "pinched their nose" and voted for it. The act of pinching ones nose to vote for something so odious is a topic for another blog entry sometimes. I will only observe for now how very easy it is for people in the majority to throw minority members under the bus for some supposed "greater purpose". So I happy. Actually I'm stunned that the House of Bishops didn't refuse to pass it. While it does not repeal the odious B033 it certainly lessens the sting.

No comments: