Monday, December 29, 2008

Flawed people

I was given the book "The Year of Living Biblically" for Christmas and have enjoyed reading it very much.

One of the comments the author makes in the introduction is that he never expected to "confront just how absurdly flawed" he was. This phrase really got to me. It is easy to live life hiding my flaws and trying to hide them from others.

In the past year I have been confronted with some of the flaws in my own life. It is not really a pleasant experience. But it is hopefully a growing experience.

4 comments:

Fran said...

Confronted by flaws and not fleeing them... that is courage. And it does help one to grow.

So I am told. *deep sigh*

Robert said...

I can sure identify with that deep sigh Fran.

Deborah O'Hara said...

I can relate Fran and Robert. Hopefully by confronting our own flaws we'll be more understanding and accepting of the flaws of others.

Robert said...

Excellent point Deb. It is about time you made a comment here again!