Friday, November 28, 2008

A four day weekend

Well the life of a teacher has many appeals. I can't remember how long it has been since I have had four days off (well technically three since I will be preaching Sunday). The dogs and I have been having a wonderful lazy time. I realized that one of the mistakes I have made over the past few years was failure to take time off for myself. This in spite of knowing that it is healthy and the right thing to do. Sometimes those, the press of the business of ministry, or possibly the need to feel needed, all too easily allowed me to put aside the need to take some time off for myself. Now I'm really looking forward to the Christmas break where I will actually have over a week off!

1 comment:

Kirkepiscatoid said...

It is funny when we all spent ages 5 through 18 on "the school calendar" how nice those breaks seem as an adult!