Saturday, July 19, 2008

Gospel for today

Matthew 26:26-35

They will all desert Jesus.

Jesus warns his disciples that all of them will desert him. And of course they all did. In spite of all them assuring Jesus they they would not. But these are the same disciples that would go on to change the world. They would have a choice, to focus on their failures or to accept and live in to the love of God.

They choose the latter. How often do we fail and desert Jesus? And how do we choose to respond after our failure?

2 comments:

Fran said...

This is some good food for thought and better yet for action...

I think that failing Jesus may be the one thing I do with amazing consistency.

What makes my life different today is that I get up and try to follow and then- just like always it does not go to plan.

Following and failing - such is my way it seems.

This post will stay with me for a long time. And I may have to borrow the thought for the church blog as well.

Robert said...

I think many of us feel the same way Fran. I'm always glad that Jesus disciples were such failures. It gives me hope for myself. Feel free to borrow thoughts anytime! :)