Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Presidential candidates and their faith poll

I have to admit that I'm surprised. When I posted the poll question asking if people thought that presidential candidates should talk about their faith, I had in my mind the answer I assumed I would get (and of course I should have known better, I know what making assumptions does!). I figured that considering this blog likely attracts somewhat liberal readers that it would be a slam dunk no from most people. Imagine my surprise when I ended up with a 60/40 spit in favor of it. I guess you learning something new every day!

1 comment:

the Reverend boy said...

I think that is just indicative of the upswing in interest in faith and spirituality in general, so I have to admit I'm not totally surprised that the poll came out as it did. As a person of faith, I obviously don't mind if presidential candidates talk about their beliefs, but I would be wary of the context in which they talk about it.

That being said, I'm more interested in how our leaders are effective at actually leading, developing and executing policy than they are about articulating their beliefs. Faith should not be a litmus test. First amendment, hello?!?!?