Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The End is Near!

I stumbled across a rather funny site called "The Rapture Index". According to their web site, The Rapture Index has two functions: one is to factor together a number of related end time components into a cohesive indicator, and the other is to standardize those components to eliminate the wide variance that currently exists with prophecy reporting.

I find it rather amusing that people actually find time to do things like this. Just to save you from looking the Rapture Index is currently above the highest level meaning, I assume, that the Rapture is just around the corner.

The amazing thing is that they have even taken steps to make sure that the web site remains active after the Rapture, although there are no provisions for someone staying behind to update it!

Although, they postulate that those of us Christians who do not believe in the Rapture will indeed be left behind, so I will put maintaining the Rapture Index on my to-so list!

What I really wish is that people would pour as much energy into bringing about the kingdom of God now rather than wasting their time on trivial pursuits like this.



No comments: