Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fasting from Complaining

I read somewhere (of course I can't remember where or who to give her or him proper credit) recently about the idea of a fast from complaining. (I sure wish I could come up with great ideas like this on my own!). What an excellent idea for the Church. As a member of a listserve for the Episcopal House of Bishops/Deputies I often wish I could impose it there as well. Imagine how different the church and the world would be if many of us undertook this fast. I think I'm going to give it a try. Not sure how successful I will be, but I'm convinced it will work a transformation in my life. Of course as I was thinking about it I realized that the majority of my complaining is silent complaining. I keep it to myself, but sure complain a lot that way. So I need to focus on my interior thoughts as I begin this fast.

No comments: